- Project Overview
- Refurbishment Projects for 2018 and 2019
- Library Service During Renovation Period (May 14 to August 31, 2018)
- Project Update
- Completed - Ground Floor (Summer 2017)
- Contact Us
Chung Chi College Elisabeth Luce Moore Library (CCL) is one of the busiest libraries on campus. Its convenient location close to the MTR and on the lower campus has resulted in just over half a million visits per year. This figure is very stable, not showing a decline despite the opening of the WMY Learning Commons and the Pommerenke Student Centre nearby in 2011.
The 2014 Library survey highlighted a level of dissatisfaction with current facilities at CCL. Specifically there was a demand for additional study space, computers and printing facilities. Given this challenging situation, the Library refurbished CCL ground floor during summer 2017 providing a new learning cluster with more study space, more computers and a new RFID self-issue and return service.
The existing CCL collections focus on music, religion, education, sports science, performing arts and theatre. All subject areas where print collection growth is still strong.
2.1 First Floor (Summer 2018)
Following the successful ground floor renovation, the first floor will be remodeled to utilize study area and provide more shelving space for the existing collections and its future expansion. The renovation of first floor will start in summer 2018. The renovation exercise includes:
- Regrouping 4 Group Study Rooms
- Relocating 2 Faculty Study Rooms
- Installing compact shelves
- Layout Plan: 1/F
2.2 Second Floor (Summer 2019)
The second floor will be refurbished and include a purpose built Music Library. More details will be provided as the planning progresses
During the renovation period in summer 2018, the whole first floor of CCL will be closed for building work. In addition, there will be minor air-conditioning works on the second floor. The second floor will be partially accessible. The Music and CD collection and the reading areas on the second floor will be cordoned off while the existing Instructional Materials Collection (IMC) and the computers on the second floor will remain accessible. Arrangements during this period are as follows:
- Collections on the first floor and second floor (Music and CD Collection) will not be accessible
- A book retrieval service will be provided during the renovation. Items are available for pick-up at the Help Desk
- Reference Collection has been relocated to Reserve Book Room on the ground floor
- Oversize items are now kept on second floor
- Late Reading Room will be temporarily closed (May 14 to September 2, 2018)
The ground floor refurbishment project was completed in September 2017. The plan was to increase study and workstation space on the ground floor, and to implement the RFID self-service by:
- Converting the existing G/F staff office & counter area to users’ study space.
- Providing a help desk on G/F
- Relocating the staff office from G/F to 2/F
- Utilizing the existing closed stack space, and relocating materials to the Special Collections in the University Library
- Layout Plan: G/F
A new roving service was successfully implemented to provide better learning support for users.
Tel: (852) 3943 6969