The Library arranged with Talyor & Francis, one of the world's leading publishers of scholarly journals in Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science and Technology, to provide an author workshop for researchers and postgraduate students. The session offered advice on presenting a paper in the best possible light, choosing the correct journal to send it to and highlighting the most common reasons why a paper was rejected. Prof. Gordon Mathews of Dept. of Anthropology was invited to share his experience from the editor's perspective.
- How you can present your manuscript in the best possible light?
- Which is the correct journal for your manuscript?
- What are the common reasons why a manuscript is rejected?
- How you can avoid some of the common pitfalls?
- How to optimize citations to your article?
- Q & A
Speaker: Lyndsey Dixon, Journal Publisher
Time: 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Venue: Multi-purpose Room 1, 1/F, University Library