Research Poster Exhibition -- May 2017
The Exhibition is organized by the Library for CUHK postgraduate students with support from The Independent Learning Centre. CUHK postgraduate students are welcome to participate in the Exhibition.
- to facilitate postgraduate students to present their own research to the broader university community
- to provide participants opportunities to enhance poster presentation skills
- Display of research posters from postgraduate students conducting research in various disciplines
- Oral presentation of research content and answering judges’ questions by participants
Eligibility of participants: CUHK postgraduate students
10 May 2017 (Wed) 3:00 p.m. to 25 May 2017 (Thu)
- Oral Presentation by Participants & Prize Presentation Ceremony for Best Posters:
18 May 2017 (Thu) 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Light refreshment will be provided.
Key Dates for Entry:
- Deadline for submission of poster abstracts: Extended to 24 Apr 2017 (Mon)
- Notification of selection results: 25 Apr 2017 (Tue)
- Deadline for submission of posters: 2 May 2017 (Tue)
Venue: Reading Area next to Digital Scholarship Lab, G/F, University Library
- The poster should present contents for the participants’ own research.
- All poster abstracts from interested postgraduates should be submitted via the Online Submission Form. Abstracts of selected submissions may be included in Exhibition promotional materials and brochure.
- Poster size: 140 cm (H) X 90 cm (W)
- Poster content should be easily readable within 3 to 5 minutes.
- Poster should include the poster title, student’s full name, name of department/discipline, and relevant research contents (e.g. research objectives, methods, results or any combination of these).
- Softcopy of selected posters in PDF or JPEG format at 300 dpi should be sent to the Library for printing.
- Participants should stand near to their posters and orally present their research content to the judges and people attending the exhibition and answer their questions.
- Judge panel attending the poster exhibition are free to move about from poster to poster, and may ask students questions about the research. Students should be prepared to give a short oral presentation and answer questions.
- Poster content relevant to research topic or title
- Poster design
- Presentation (clarity and quality)
- Q&A (knowledge of subjects)
Honoured Judge Panel:
- Prof. Lutz-Christian Wolff, Dean of the Graduate School & Wei Lun Professor of Law
- Dr. Karl Holm, Lecturer, The Independent Learning Centre
- Ms. Louise Jones, University Librarian of The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Prizes of Best Poster Presentation:
- Champion: $500 book coupon
- 1st Runner-up: $300 book coupon
- 2nd Runner-up: $200 book coupon
Abstract Submission: Complete the Online Submission Form
Enquiries: 3943 9754 / firstname.lastname@example.org