Publishing with The Chinese University Press: Academic Journals and Books
The Chinese University Press (CUP) is a world-renowned publisher devoted to China and Hong Kong studies, located right on CUHK campus. As a bilingual scholarly publisher, CUP publishes books of a diverse array of academic disciplines, with a particular focus on Humanities and Social Sciences. It also publishes a number of academic journals, including The China Review, an SSCI English journal. This talk was arranged to share with faculty members and postgraduate students insiders' tips about how to get journal articles and book manuscripts published.
- Preparation before submitting your research paper
- How to find the most suitable publisher/journal?
- How to make a submission stand out?
- Insiders’ view on the peer-review process
- How to respond to a “Revise and Resubmit”?
- What happens after a manuscript has been accepted
- Understanding the copyright policies of your publications
Speakers: Dr. Ying Lin, Managing Editor of CUP and Executive Editor of The China Review
Dr. Minlei Ye, Acquisition Editor of CUP and Assistant Editor of The China Review
Time: 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Venue: User Education Room 1, G/F, University Library