Research Poster Exhibition -- May to June 2019
The Exhibition is for CUHK postgraduate students to showcase their research work in the form of posters. This event is co-organized by the CUHK Library, the Graduate School and the Independent Learning Centre. CUHK postgraduate students are all welcome to participate in the Exhibition.
CUHK students and staff are all welcome to visit the Exhibition, and attend the oral presentation and prize presentation ceremony.
- to facilitate postgraduate students to present their own research to the broader university community
- to provide participants opportunities to enhance poster presentation skills
- Display of research posters from postgraduate students conducting research in various disciplines
- Oral presentation of research content and answering judges’ questions by participants
Eligibility of participants: Current CUHK postgraduate students
Exhibition Location 1: Reading Area next to Digital Scholarship Lab, G/F, University Library
8 May (Wed) to 30 May 2019 (Thu)
Oral Presentation by Participants & Prize Presentation Ceremony for Best Posters:
16 May 2019 (Thu) 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Exhibition Location 2: G/F, Yasumoto International Academic Park
11 June (Tue) to 15 June 2019 (Sat)
Key Dates for Entry:
- Deadline for submission of poster abstracts: 8 Apr 2019 (Mon) (Submission closed)
- Notification of selection results: 18 Apr 2019 (Thu)
- Deadline for submission of posters: 26 Apr 2019 (Fri)
- The poster should present contents for the participants’ own research.
- All poster abstracts from interested postgraduates should be submitted via the Online Submission Form. Abstracts of selected submissions may be included in Exhibition promotional materials and brochure.
- Abstracts of research presented in other events may also be submitted for selection consideration, but priority will be given to research not presented elsewhere.
- Poster size: 140 cm (H) X 90 cm (W)
- Poster content should be easily readable within 3 to 5 minutes.
- Poster should include the poster title, student’s full name, name of department/division, and relevant research contents (e.g. research objectives, methods, results or any combination of these).
- Participants registered with ORCID are encouraged to add their personal ORCID iD QR Code to their poster making it easy for other researchers to know more about them and their research. (Please refer to CUHK Library LibGuides for ORCID and ORCID iD registration.)
- Softcopy of selected posters in PDF or JPEG format at 300 dpi should be sent to the Library for printing.
- Participants should stand in front of their posters and orally present their research content to the judges and people attending the exhibition and answer their questions.
- The judges attending the poster exhibition are free to move about from poster to poster, and may ask students questions about the research. Students should be prepared to give a short oral presentation and answer questions.
- Poster content relevant to research topic or title
- Poster design
- Presentation (clarity and quality)
- Q&A (knowledge of subjects)
Honoured Judge Panel:
- Prof. Lutz-Christian Wolff, Dean of the Graduate School & Wei Lun Professor of Law
- Dr. Karl Holm, Lecturer, The Independent Learning Centre
- Ms. Louise Jones, University Librarian of The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Prizes of Best Poster Presentation:
- Champion: $500 book coupon
- 1st Runner-up: $300 book coupon
- 2nd Runner-up: $200 book coupon
Abstract Submission: Complete the Online Submission Form (Submission closed)
Details: Research Poster Exhibition webpage
Enquiries: 3943 9754 / firstname.lastname@example.org