Invited Speaker: Prof. Jyh-An LEE, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, CUHK
As researchers, we need to deal with various copyright issues at different stages of our research. For example, we need to understand to what extent we can make use of works created by others in our research. We also need to know when we publish our works, what is the purpose of copyright agreement that publishers ask us to sign? Join this workshop conducted by Prof. Jyh-An LEE, Associate Professor of Faculty of Law and an expert in intellectual property law and Internet law to learn how to handle wisely different copyright issues you have encountered in various stages of your research.
Date: 9 Apr 2018 (Mon)
Time: 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The workshop will cover:
- Essential copyright knowledge for researchers
- Copyright exemption in Fair Dealing
- Use of copyrighted materials in dissertations and other publications
- Creative Common licence in research and education
- Authors’ legal relations with publishers
- Open access publishing
Venue: Digital Scholarship Lab, G/F, University Library
Complete the Online Registration Form