In September 2017, the Ground Floor of CCL was renovated to become a new Learning Cluster with new reading tables, chairs and sofas. More than 100 seats were provided in the Learning Cluster. The major changes after the renovation were to increase study and workstation space on the ground floor, and to implement the RFID self-service by:
- Converting the existing G/F staff office & counter area to users’ study space.
- Relocating the staff office from G/F to 2/F
- Providing a help desk on G/F
- Utilizing the existing closed stack space, and relocating materials to the Special Collections in the University Library
- Providing a RFID Self Service Borrow & Return - Three self-checkout stations enabled by RFID technology facilitate convenient and speedy check-out of books. RFID enabled book return station provide users with self-return service with real-time check-in.
- Implementing roving services - By removing the counter and re-conceptualizing the help desk area there is better support for users through a roving service.
- Adding Group Study Rooms - Two group study rooms with LCD screens & notebooks provide meeting and study space for groups of 3 to 7 people
The renovation of first floor was completed in September 2018. The first floor was remodeled to utilize study area and provide more shelving space for the existing collections and its future expansion. The major changes after the renovation project were:
- Increased study spaces;
- Addition of new compact shelving;
- Widening the walking passage to achieve better circulation;
- Re-location of the faculty rooms for better positioning; and
- Re-grouping the group discussion rooms
Tel: (852) 3943 6969